1 ml solution for injection contains:
Menadione…………………………………………….. 31.1 mg
Sodium metabisulfite…………………………………….. 1.5 mg
Sodium chloride, Water for injections.
Menadione (vitamin K3) is part of the group of acting antihemoragic vitamins. Is indispensable of hepatic synthesis of prothrombin, with a major role in blood coagulation through direct action on fibrinogen and capillary endothelium. In high doses, vitamin K3 activates reticulohistocitar produces diuresis (in general edema), stimulates the liver and bone marrow function. Generally vitamin K3 needs are covered, in most animals (except poultry), food intake and digestive synthesis.
Horses, cattle, swine, dogs and cats.
In horses, cattle, pigs, dogs and cats:
- Treatment of bleeding and bleeding diatheses, regardless of their nature
- Hepatic impairment
- After prolonged treatment with broad-spectrum antibiotics and sulfa drugs
The product is administered parenterally, in the following doses:
- In horses and cattle administered intramuscularly or SC in dose of 10 to 20 ml / animal
- In calves given intravenously., ME or SC in dose of 2-5 ml / animal
- In pigs given intravenously., ME or SC dose of 0.5 to 5 ml animal
- dogs and cats are given intravenously., ME and SC in doses of 0.1 to 1.0 ml / animal
Studies have shown that taking Vitamin K3 product at the recommended dose does not cause adverse reactions in animals during pregnancy and lactation.
Vitamin K3 interact with most antibiotics, cephalosporins, mineral oils and salicylates, and with warfarine. Some sulfur drugs such as coumarin derivatives have sulfoquinoxalina and antagonistic action against vitamin K3.
Vitamin K3 is well tolerated by the body.
Exceeding the recommended dose can cause hemolytic anemia, methemoglobinemia, liver and kidney problems.
Store at temperatures below 25 ° C. Protect from direct sunlight and frost.
The product is packaged in bottles fitted with rubber stoppers and metal capsule containing 50 ml and 100 ml solution for injection.
PRODUCTS FROM THE CATEGORY: Vitamins for horses