1 doze of vaccine (2 ml) includes:
Inactive cultures of Leptospira spp. …….. 2×106 – 2×106,5 leptospire/dose, before the inactivation, ac. title 1:200 – 1:3200
- L. pomona; – L. canicola; – L. ichterohaemorrhagiae; – L. hardjo
- L. gryppotyphosa; – L. tarassovi; – L. Wolffi
Sodium merthiolate …………………………………………0,2 mg
Aluminum hydroxide …………………………………..5,6 – 6,8 mg%
Taurines, horses, ovine, swine.More info
Specific prophylaxis of leptospirosis at animals (taurines, ovine, horses, swine). The vaccine is applied for prophylactic and necessity purposes.
The vaccine dose for all the target species is 2 ml deeply inoculated.
In pigs: preventive:
- Reproduction boars: will be bi-annually inoculated. The small boars and boars newly introduced in the unit will be inoculated two times at a range of 14 – 21 days, after which they will be bi-annually inoculated.
- Pregnant pigs: the first inoculation is made at 55 days of pregnancy, and the second one at 70 pregnancy days.
- Healthy animals will be inoculated 2 times at a range of 14 – 21 days.
In bovine and horses: preventive:
- Pregnant animals: two times within 14 – 21 days in the first half of pregnancy.
- At young: over the age of one month, two times at a range of 14 – 21 days. The maintenance inoculations are made at every 6 months.
In bulls and horses: two times at a range of 14 – 21 days and then bi-annually.
In ovine: preventive:
- At the pregnant animals: two times within 14 – 21 days in the first part of pregnancy.
- At the young over the age of 2 ½ months: two times at the range of 14 – 21 days. The maintenance inoculations are made at every 6 months.
- Bucks will be bi-annually inoculated.
- Small bucks and bucks newly introduced in the unit will be inoculated two times at a range of 14 – 21 days, after which they will be bi-annually inoculated.
The inoculation is not applied for: females in the first pregnancy month, stressed animals; animals with infectious or parasitic diseases.
After the inoculation, it may occur a nodule on the injection place, which is resorbed within 14 days without any treatment. It is registered a temporary hyperthermia of 0,5°C, which is remitted during the first 24 hours, at the lactant animals, the milk production decreases by 4 up to 10% and returns to normal within 2-3 days. It is some kind of risk of anaphylactic reactions at 1-2‰ of the vaccinated animals. Therefore, it is recommended the clinical surveillance of vaccinated animals and, if necessary, the anti-hystaminics will be administered. It was not mentioned the change of the clinical state of animals in case of intaking two vaccine doses. The vaccine is used during the pregnancy and lactation period. The vaccine will not be administered concomitantly with other biological products or immune-eliminators and will not be applied but after minimum 12 days after the anti-parasitary treatments.
There will be observed all the indications regarding the posology, intaking way, recommendations regarding the target species, contraindications, adverse reactions, special cautions and warnings. The vaccine will be carefully administered in order to avoid the unfavorable effects on the pregnant females due to the mechanical abortions.
This product is used “ONLY FOR VETERINARY USE”.
The product is preserved refrigerated at 2 – 8°C and protected against light and frost.
Injectable suspension in plastic phials, closed with silicon rubber stoppers, secured by aluminum cups. Phials of 100 ml with 50 doses.
PRODUCTS FROM THE CATEGORY: Vaccines for horses