1 ml solution for injection contains:
Dexamethasone (as disodium phosphate) ……………………………………………..2 mg
Benzyl alcohol ………………………………. 10 mg
Dexamethasone is a synthetic glucocorticosteroids with a pronounced nonspecific inflammatory activity, anti-allergic, anti-stress, shockproof and immunosuppressants without mineralocorticoids effects. Dexamethasone mobilizes glucose from from tissues showing a notable glycogenic activity and stimulates protein catabolism. After use, the product quickly diffuses into tissues, reaching peak concentration (7-20 min) depending on the species and dose. Activity of dexamethasone is 30 times stronger than hydrocortisone.More info
Horses, cattle, pigs, goats, dogs and cats.
In horses, cattle, pigs, goats, dogs and cats for:
– Stress, toxic shock states, haemorrhage, traumatic, cardiovascular, septic (therapy), myoglobinuria
- Inflammatory processes: – myositis, muscular dystrophy, collagen disease, rheumatic diseases, acute and chronic hepatitis, dermatitis, lymphangitis, laminate (not to horses)
- Arthritis, polyarthritis, periarthritis, bursitis, tenosynovitis
– Allergic reactions: eczema, dermatitis, rashes, conjunctivitis and allergic rhinitis, asthma, emphysema, edema, photosensitivity, food and drug allergies
- Ketonemia in cows (due to glycogen action)
- Inhibition of graft rejection reactions (due to immunosuppressive effect)
In the case of bacterial infections, taking glucocorticoid hormones or antibiotics is associated to chemotherapy or anti-biotherapy.
Administered s.c., i.m., i.v. and intraarticular or periarticular:
Horses, cattle: 5 – 15 ml product / animal (0.02 – 0.06 mg dexamethasone / kg b.w) administered s.c, i.m, i.v.
Calves, foals, goats, pigs: 1 – 2.5 ml product / animal (0.02 – 0.05 mg dexamethasone / kg bw) administered s.c, i.m, i.v.
Cats, dogs: 0.1 – 1 ml product / animal (0.02 – 0.2 mg dexamethasone / kg b.w) administered s.c, i.m, i.v
- Large animals (horses, cattle, goats, pigs): 1-5 ml product / animal
- Small animals(dogs, cats): 1 to 2.5ml product/ animal
For intra-articular administration is aseptically extracted in advance the amount of synovial fluid equal to the volume of solution injected. If necessary, treatment can be repeated every 24 to 48 hours.
Do not use in animals with diabetes, osteoporosis, cardiovascular disorders, viral infections and serious kidney disorders. Do not use in case of hypersensitivity to the active substance or to any of the excipient.
Decreased milk production, gastrointestinal ulcers, hyperglycemia, glycosuria, diarrhea, polydipsia, polyuria, osteoporosis, muscle atrophy.
Do not use in the last period of pregnancy (may cause abortion). Dexamethasone may inhibit lactation.
Because the product has strong immunosuppressive effect is not recommended vaccination during treatment.
Avoid simultaneous administration of barbiturates and antihistamines.
Treatment time and increased doses may cause adrenal insufficiency and decreased immunity.
Overdose may cause drowsiness and lethargy in horses.
In the absence of compatibility studies, this veterinary product must not be mixed with other veterinary products. In the case of infectious diseases, corticotherapy should be necessarily accompanied by antibiotics.
Meat and organs: horses, cattle, goats, pigs- 28 days
Milk: 7 days
Store at temperatures below 25 ° C. Protect from light. Protect from freezing.
Bottles 50 ml, 100 ml fitted with plastic corks and metal capsule.
PRODUCTS FROM THE CATEGORY: Anti inflammatory